Setting a recap.dev tracing up depends on what kind of technology your application is made with.
Here's a list of currently supported technologies:
- Serverless. You can easily trace most of the serverless applications no matter what kind of technology it is made with.
- ExpressJS. That includes any technologies based on ExpressJS.
- NestJS. NestJS is based on ExpressJS but recap.dev goes a step further and provides an even deeper integration for the NestJS-based applications.
- Sails.js. Sails.js is also based on ExpressJS but thanks to the Sails' hooks system it's much easier to set the tracing up.
- Netlify Functions. Recap.dev provides a handler wrapper for Netlify Functions with a default unit name that results in a per-endpoint per-environment tracking. It is also possible to set up a function-level tracing for the Netlify Functions.
- Vercel Functions. Recap.dev provides a handler wrapper for Vercel Serverless Functions with basic tracing.
If your favorite technology is not supported please contact us, and we'll see what we could do.